Thursday 2 January 2020

Inside The Stones Yard


The yellowish parchment sat on his desk in front of him, I thought it was a floor plan for a house or some mighty building.



Handing the drawings to the African woman, he said to me; "Get to know him, because I won't be the one to marry you!"

"Let me see it!" I shouted running off to snatch the parchment document from the black woman's hand.

Soon, I was outnumbered with quite a few black women, fiddling and giggling with the priced document in their hands, trying their best to keep it from my eyes But, I already had caught a glance of it, and knew that a beautiful man was printed on the surface of it!

His black shiny hair I could easily identify on land or sea, but these women handle the parchment artistry that was filled with all sorts of wizardry.

Nonetheless, my heart filled with concerns somehow told me, if he truly belongs to me, he would certainly find a way to come and get me.

The man behind the desk stood still, while I studied his ever subtle and changing face, soul, body and even religiosity... now turning his face away from me, he knew of the shamefulness and heart pain he had single-handed bestowed upon me. My thoughts echoing from my head to my heart.

My reflection shifted, and I began wondering, if he and these, almost seven female wizards had conspired to destroy me?

Our talks of marriage were now no more... had abruptly stopped! Because my desire for tying the knot and the lack thereof was his and his cronies undercover happiness.

But I, intuitively and instinctively knew, that that parchment paper handled by others, held my future, my kingdom and the man who truly loves me.

By Constance. C Wiliams
AKA Lady C.

Twitter:  ConstanceCorne9

1 comment: